Sunday, September 23, 2012

Districts and Sectionals

In August, my tennis team played in Districts and Sectionals.  We won districts by winning 3 matches best of five.  I think our team scraped by in the first 2, 3-2 then won the last match 4-1.  We had help from the other half in beating out the top team.  We were all very surprised that we won!

We only had 8 available players for Districts:  Maya, Joy, Eva, Ann, Janna, Polly, PJ and Jane.
Polly and I played and won all 3 matches in Districts.
Polly plays the forehand side, I am on the backhand.





Team meeting during sectionals.  We actually won our first 3 matches.  I didn't help so much, lost 2 out of 3.



My mommy came and watched all of the matches and took hundreds of pics.  Thanks Mom!
We beat Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming.  Colorado was also undefeated going into the last match.  They beat all 5 of our teams.  Polly and I had a close match against 2 young girls.  We came from behind to win the 2nd set then lost in a third set tie breaker.  Still, pretty good to do so well at 4.5.  Who knew??


No comments:

Post a Comment