Next we heard from the new General Relief Society President Linda K. Burton. I think she spoke about Temples, but I honestly cannot remember.
Ironically, Elder Holland spoke about Conferences and why we have them. He asked how many of us have done anything that we heard at General Conference or if we can even remember it. He told us that the only tool we have to help others make changes are words. That we go to conferences to hear words that will inspire, motivate and encourage us to improve ourselves. I decided that my Blog will be used to help me set goals and keep track of blessings and tender mercies in my life.
Finally we heard from Pres. Uchtdorf. He told us how wonderful Davis County is to live in and that he loves talking to us at the store. I see him in Costco all of the time. Maybe I will say "hi" next time I see him. I was still so busy processing Elder Holland's talk that I can't really remember anything else Pres. Uchtdorf said either. The good news is that I have lots of improvement to make conferences more beneficial to me! It was great to go and get motivated to be better.

No comments:
Post a Comment